Last month I wrote about the “design unicorn” debate that is going on in web design/development circles. Well here’s an ad I just got from a recruiter. How many candidates do they think they can find having an ad like this:
Location: River woods, IL
Duration: 6+ Months
We are looking for a digital designer/web developer with excellent design sensibilities, great portfolio of interactive campaigns and a thorough understanding HTML5/CSS3/Responsive design.
The candidate must be a fast learner with intellectual creativity, who can thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to have an immediate impact and use their energetic, easy-going personality to work within a team environment. This role will require and utilize knowledge over a broad skill set to meet and exceed the daily challenges.
Required Design/Programming Skills:
• Exceptional Eye for Great Interactive Design
• Adobe CS5+
• Responsive Design
• Self-directed and capable of working in a fast-paced team environment
• Very strong writing, grammar and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop new and update existing code
• Strong understanding of web standards and usability
The following skills are considered a PLUS: